|Added by||stomff andrei aurel|
|General Description||The Augustus Bridge is the oldest bridge in the city of Dresden, in the state Saxony in Germany. It was built between 1907 and 1910. Crossing the river Elbe, the road bridge connects the Innere Neustadt in the north (right bank) with the historic area of the city in the south (left bank). There has been a bridge at the same location since at least the 12th century. Under king Augustus II the Strong of Saxony, a new sandstone bridge was built between 1727 and 1731. This bridge was replaced by the present, also sandstone, bridge with 9 arches in order to provide a wider opening for river traffic. It was designed by Wilhelm Kreis and Theodor Klette.
The Katholische Hofkirche (English: The Catholic Church of the Royal Court of Saxony), and since 1980 also known as Kathedrale Sanctissimae Trinitatis (English: Cathedral of the Holy Trinity) is a Roman Catholic Cathedral in Dresden. Previously the most important Catholic parish church of the city, it was elevated to cathedral of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Dresden-Meissen in 1964. It is located near the Elbe River in the historic center of Dresden, Germany.
|Catalog code||- 510 1|
|Catalog prices||No catalog prices set yet|