|Added by||stomff andrei aurel|
|General Description||Dresden's Zwinger Palace is famous around the world for its beautiful baroque architecture. It was built in 1709 during the reign of Augustus the Strong. The remarkable sculptures adorning the gallery walls are by various artists and help make this one of the main attractions in Saxony's regional capital.
The Zwinger Palace in Dresden was built in 1709. It was originally an open area surrounded by wooden buildings which was used by the Saxon nobility for tournaments and other courtly pursuits. The sandstone palace was built between 1710 and 1719 by Matthäus Daniel Pöppelmann, under Elector Augustus the Strong. Its pavilions and galleries on the side of the ramparts were used as an orangery.
Next to the Rampart Pavilion is the Nymphaeum, one of the finest baroque fountains in Germany.
|Catalog prices||No catalog prices set yet|