|Added by||Bart Perdieus|
|General Description||The Parroquia de Santa Prisca y San Sebastían, commonly known as the Church of Santa Prisca, is a colonial monument located in the city of Taxco de Alarcón, in the southern state of Guerrero, Mexico, built between 1751 and 1759. It is located on the east side of the main plaza of Taxco.
The construction was ordered by José de la Borda, one of the most prosperous mine owners of the region of Taxco in the 18th century. From 1758 to 1806, the temple was the tallest building in Mexico, but was surpassed by the Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in San Luis Potosí City. The Church of Santa Prisca considered one of the best of New Spanish Churrigueresque.
|Catalog prices||No catalog prices set yet|